Allen Russell, Director of Chaplaincy
In John 10:11 (NIV) Jesus said, "I am the Good Shepherd." Chaplains are shepherds of their flock and spend a lot of time in the field, on board ship, on the flight line, in mess halls, in hospital rooms, in quarters, and many other places as well. We have a unique opportunity to get close to people and minister outside of our church or chapel. Pray for us as we share Christ's love and seek to give hope to the homeless. Many are coming to Christ.
Ben and Janice Brown
Ben and Janice Brown currently serve at Bible Baptist Church in Klamath Falls, OR. Recently, leadership at the local Air National Guard Base asked Ben to become a chaplain for that unit. God has opened a door and an age waver was issued. We are waiting for a selection Board to approve Ben. It is unique for an evangelical to get an age waiver.
Paul and Lenore Castillo
Paul and Lenore Castillo begain their ministry on May 30 at Pope Air Force Base, NC. Paul, our newest Air Force chaplain, left the chaplain position he held at the Federal Prison in Phoenix, AZ. He has prior service with the Air Force and the Air National Guard. Pray for their new ministry and for a quick adjustment back to active duty.
Gerry and Elle Fox
Gerry and Elle Fox have served with Cadence, ministering to soldiers at Ft. Leonard Wood for many years. Gerry was recently placed on active duty in an Active Guard/Reserve position in the Los Angeles area. Pray for this new opportunity of ministry.
Mark Mitera, Warren Haggray, and I attended a training conference in Topeka, KS. Chaplains play a key role in suicide prevention training for the military and have an open opportunity to give a strong testimony. Pray for chaplains in the specialized training.
LET'S PRAY !
- Dan and Linda Larson leave Ft. Irwin, CA, for their new assignment at Ft. Lewis, WA, in July. They leave behind a great ministry. Pray for them as they begin this new and, possibly, last assignment with the Army.
- Jerry and Bonnie Fogletance move from Beale AFB, CA, to Sheppard AFB, TX, to begin a new ministry. Pray for them as they return to where they began their Air Force career. God has used them to reach many for Christ.
- Dave and Lynn Hall - Dave is being considered for active Army duty this summer. He has been serving with the Wyoming National Guard and he and his wife are following God's leading to this new opportunity. Pray that the board will select Dave.
- Kevin and Lisa Grenier - Kevin serves with the Air Force at Schiever AFB, CO. He and his wife are expecting their first baby this summer. Kevin is scheduled to be deployed just weeks after the baby is born. Pray for a healthy baby and strength to deal with this deployment.
- Eugene and Colleen Slade - Eugene is being given a compassionate reassignment back in the United States after a tour in Germany with the Army. Keep his family in your prayers as they deal with health problems that need medical attention.
- Harry and Natalie Rauch leave this summer for Heidelberg, Germany. They will replace Peter and Charlotte Federich, who are going to Ft. Bragg, NC. Pray for both of these Army families as they move and begin new ministries.
- Dennis and Kathleen Newton - Dennis is stationed at the Army Headquarters in Germnay and is extra busy with duties there. They are concerned for Kathleen's parents who need special medical care.
- Jack and Jina Kasel are in Turkey for two years with the Air Force. Pray for their ministry in this remote area. They have many open doors.
FRONTLINE, Vol. 8 No. 2. Allen Russell, Director of Chaplaincy. Published three times a year by CBAmerica, PO Box 66, Wheaton, IL 60189-0066. Phone: 773-477-6923. E-mail: email@example.com